GOLDEN BEETS W/ TOPS (1lb)
One pound of organically grown Golden Beets With Tops from our farm! Don’t think for a minute that these greens are only there to look pretty. The hole leaf, including the stem, is tender and mild when cooked. Some of the leaves may look a little beet up (get it? get it? 😜), but I assure you they’re all freshly picked, delicious, and BURSTING with nutrients! So come for the beets, but stay for the greens!!
If you don’t know how to cook greens, here’s my favorite method:
- Wash & drain (or spin) the leaves and spread out on a cloth or paper towel to dry a bit (or pat them dry)
- Heat a little oil in a pan on med-high. I use coconut oil, and like to toss in some raw sesame seeds and/or ground flax seeds to impart a hint of nuttiness. You can also add things like garlic at this stage.
- Tear the leaves into large pieces (I use scissors to cut the stems into 1” long sections) and toss into the pan.
- Lower the heat (low to med-low), and stir the leaves around so their well coated in oil.
- Cook until the leaves have darkened and wilted a bit, appx 1 minute.
- Add about a tbsp of water into the pan and raise the heat back to med-high, then stir constantly until most of the water has cooked off and the greens/stems are tender.
- Salt to taste, and enjoy!!